Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 299: Letters of Ivo of Chartres and Anselm of Canterbury OSB
Ivonis Epistolae, etc.
ff. 2 + 51 + 70
260 Height (mm) and 175 Width (mm)
[ca. 1200 - 1299]
At top of f. 1r erased: De perquisito ffratris Johannis Tille ordinis ffratrum predicatorum a. d. 1405 scilicet epistole Yuonis Carnotensis et epistole beati Anselmi. and This, compared with an inscription in MS 306, where the name of John Tille also occurs, shows that this book belonged to the Dominicans of London. See also Trinity College MS. O.2.50, given by John Tille to his convent in 1421.
An inscription in this thirteenth-century manuscript, CCCC MS 299, identifies it as having belonged to John Tille OP (d. 1410). Tille donated this manuscript to the Dominicans of London, of which convent he was a member. He also donated CCCC MS 306 and Cambridge, Trinity College MS O.2.50 to the same house. The manuscript contains the letters of Anselm of Canterbury OSB (d. 1109) and of Ivo of Chartres (c. 1040-1115).