Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 271: Gregory IX, Decretales (Liber extra). Boniface VIII, Liber Sextus. Constitutiones Anglicanae
Gregorii Decretales. Constitutiones Anglicanae
ff. 8 + 279 + 101 + 2
263 Height (mm) and 167 Width (mm)
[ca. 1200 - 1325]
On f. iir: Decretalis fratris Martini de Totyntoun quo ad quinque libros et T. Abbatis quo ad sextum librum decretal. et constituciones De librario S. Aug. Cant. D. xiiij Gra. iiiio. (Ancient Libraries, pp. 389, 522.)
CCCC MS 271 was in the library of St Augustine's, Canterbury, where it once comprised two separate volumes that were first bound together in the fourteenth century. The first volume, containing the Decretales of Gregory IX, was donated to the abbey by a monk of St Augustine's, Martin de Totynton (fl. c. 1300), while the second part, containing the Decretals of Boniface VIII (Liber sextus), was donated by one 'Abbot T.'. This is probably abbot Thomas Findon (1283-1310) or possibly Thomas Poucyn (1334-43). A fourteenth-century hand has added the Constitutions of Archbishops Langton, Boniface and Pecham to the second volume. It presumably found its way into Parker's collection from St Augustine's.