Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 513: Sermons by Hermannus of Leipzig and others
Latin and German
315 Height (mm) and 210 Width (mm)
[ca. 1400 - 1499]
Mary Pernham on f. 2v.
Table of contents:
CCCC 513 contains an early fifteenth-century collection of sermons for the whole of the liturgical year, probably written in Germany. Another manuscript of the collection, Munich, University Library MS 2°. 127, bears the label Sermones magistri Hermanni de Lipczik. The otherwise unknown but possibly Franciscan Hermannus may be the author or the compiler of the collection. The book retains its contemporary binding with straps, clasps and bosses. This volume is part of the Elbing collection; a group of manuscripts which belonged to a Brigittine convent at Elbing (Elblag), near Gdansk which was founded in 1458 and deserted in 1521. Almost all the Elbing manuscripts contain the ownership inscription of Mary Pernham, wife of Richard Pernham (d. 1628), Fellow of the college and pastor Anglicus of St Marien church in Elbing from 1618-24.