Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 094: Collectio decem partium (expansion of Ivo of Chartres, Panormia)
Ivonis Carnotensis Panormia
370 Height (mm) and 265 Width (mm)
[ca. 1100 - 1199]
From Christ Church, Canterbury. No mark remains, but the evidence of the script is strong, and Parker's note (below) suggests a connexion with Canterbury.
Table of contents:
Collectio decem partium (expansion of Ivo of Chartres, Panormia)
CCCC MS 94 contains an expanded version of the decretal collection of Ivo of Chartres (c. 1040-1116), Panormia, known as the Collectio decem partium and sometimes attributed to Hildebert of Lavardin (1056-1133). The manuscript was written in Canterbury in the mid-twelfth century, though authorities disagree as to whether it was produced at the Benedictine abbey of St Augustine, or the Benedictine cathedral priory of the Holy Trinity, Christ Church. The hand of the same scribe that produced this codex has been identified in CUL MS Kk.1.17, Oxford, Bodleian MS e Mus. 66 and CCCC MSS 270 and 274. In the eighteenth century Nasmith recorded a fragment of a homily written in uncial script as being present with the codex, but this had disappeared by the time that M. R. James examined the volume. It has never been rediscovered.