Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 080: Henry Lovelich, The History of the Holy Grail, Merlin.purl.stanford.edu/xd494bt3141
- Cambridge, Corpus Christi College, MS 080: Henry Lovelich, The History of the Holy Grail, Merlin.
- Alternate Title:
- Louelich. The Graal. Merlin
- English, Middle (1100-1500) and Latin
- ff. 200
- Approximate Date:
- [ca. 1400 - 1499]
- Parker Manuscripts
- Table of contents:
- The History of the Holy Grail
- CCCC MS 80 contains Henry Lovelich's English versions of The History of the Holy Grail and Merlin written c. 1450-75. The Corpus manuscript is the unique copy of these texts, translated and versified from the French prose version. Lovelich was a member of the Skinners' Company of London, and it seems likely that, until it came into Parker's possession, this manuscript had remained in or around London. Certainly it contains a number of notes added in the later fifteenth century in the hand of John Cok, a priest at the Augustinian hospital of St Bartholomew at Smithfield.